"Things that make me think . . . HMMMMMM!"


Thursday, July 15, 2010

"The Help" -- Kathryn Stockett

Yesterday I began reading this novel while waiting to be called for my doctor's appointment. For me it was a definite page turner from page one. This novel has its setting in Jackson, Mississippi. It has the making of a definite must read especially if you like reading novels written about the struggles of the baby boomers, black and white. Reminds me of a "Gone With the Wind." I haven't finished the book, but believe me, I will be back to give my final thoughts. For those of you who may decide to read this novel, don't be alarmed as you begin to read this book as I was. Being a business teacher teaching typing for 35+ years, it is just second nature that I proofread as I read. Therefore, my first thought when I began reading the book was that the publishers published the book with a grammatical error on the first line, then I realized that the book was being written in the Ole South Negro dialect. Just a heads up.

And that's what's on my mind this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment